Thursday 22 August 2019

cross country

"I'm so nervous." whispered Indie as the year 3's lined up. "Indie you're gonna miss your race!" I yelled as she ran to the start line. Matua Nick started them off.  About 200,000  minutes later we lined up at the start  line.  " Ready, set, go!" yelled matua Nick.  Off we went like lightning down the gravel, down the hill, along  the road then ... I forgot where we were going. I ran down a dip in the sand and raced up the hill I I sprinted back the way i'd come. Suddenly I was racing towards the finish line as Manaia cheered,  "Go!,"  I thought I came last but I realised I actually came ... fifth. My grandparents  said, "Congratulations."








No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your positive, thoughtful, helpful comments.
Positive - something done well
Thoughtful - a sentence to let us know you actually read/watched or listened to what they had to say
Helpful - give some ideas for next time or ask a question you want to know more about