Thursday 4 June 2020

MLH Learning from home

On wednesday the 25th of march 2020. New Zealand went into lockdown and we came
out of lockdown on the 18th of may. We had to social distance. Nobody could go to school so we did
all our work at home and communicated by joining google meets and we did all our learning on the
computer.

The first theme was Anzac week and we had all these different activities to finish in one week. My favourite theme was Animal Kingdom when we chose an animal group to be in. I was in big cats. We learnt a lot about animals. My least favourite one was World famous because I didn’t  like the person I did.

The last one we did before we came back to school was Storytime,  but we also had to do eako and steps everyday.  I normally got most of my activities done. Every Friday was fancy Friday and on Fridays Meets we had to dress up as one of our favourite people. I didn't look at all like Billie Eilish.

I was scared about lockdown at first because I missed my friends but it was actually pretty fun. But I was happy to come back to school and see my friends. I can't believe that we were in lockdown for three months. I loved learning from home.But I like to see my friends.

When I got back to school it was pretty annoying because I was used to doing everything at my own pace. So I had to adjust to the timetable like when you come back from a long holiday


2 comments:

  1. Hi Alice! I enjoyed reading your piece of writing. I like how you said 'I didn't look like Billie Eilish at all.' You need to add in a few capital letters and a few full stops. Overall you've writen an interesting story!

    KAYLA

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Alice,
    Lockdown did end on 27th of april. If you don't believe me google it.
    Why did you love learning from home?
    There is quite a few punctuation mistaces I wonder if you checked it with the teacher?

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your positive, thoughtful, helpful comments.
Positive - something done well
Thoughtful - a sentence to let us know you actually read/watched or listened to what they had to say
Helpful - give some ideas for next time or ask a question you want to know more about